“All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was. If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer.”

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Little Camouflaging Butterfly



I was standing at the NIE bus stop a couple of days back, at around 6 in the evening. The sunny day had grown into a pleasant evening and I was waiting for the usual 179 to take me home. It was a longer waiting time that day and not having any interesting people to observe around me, I  stood absent mindedly turning my head left and right.


Then I noticed a tree, I hadn't seen before - it looked like the most perfect tree - just the right size not too big, not too small, bright green leaves and a trunk that was covered with a thin layer of green moss. The tree stood opposite the bus stand, on a small hillock. Such hillocks are a common sight in our campus which is built upon a hill. It was all green, not just the tree but the lawn and everything behind it. There I noticed there were tiny yellow flowers on the tree. Each time the wind blew, a few of those yellow flowers would fall down gracefully and carpet the grass below. I stood looking at those little falling yellow flowers for some time, when suddenly one little yellow flower flew up instead of down !!! It would have been an interesting expression on my face, had anyone been observing me, until, I realized that it was an yellow butterfly camouflaging as a flower.

Would be such a nice world full of yellow flowers and camouflaging butterflies :)