“All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was. If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer.”

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bemusings....

I sit and wonder, what it must be,
To sail along in the deep blue sea,
In a tiny yatch having seated myself,
There on the waters without any help.


As I ponder, I suddenly find,
I am no more in a room confined,
Am out there in the open seas,
Sailing along in the flowing breeze.

The waves of the ocean call out to me,
To come dance with them and be free,
To live a life of calm and peace,
Out there, in the deep blue seas.

Oh! How I wish to leave,
This life which has me confined,
If only, but I were to weave,
My destiny on the loom of time.

But, alas! It is not for me,
To weave my life or my destiny,
Just as the yatch would be forced to go,
Wherever the wind wishes to blow.


And as the wind would take command,
So too on my life reigns His supreme hand,
Of the Lord and Creator of heaven and land.

He isn't cruel, but only just,
In his love for me, I gotta trust,

He is the breath of my life, the wind of my sail,
I know for sure he'll never fail.


How happy I am, that I've learnt this truth,
In the very prime of my youth,
As the flow of a distant stream,
Awakens me from my noonday dream.

No comments :

Post a Comment